Friday, March 12, 2010

One Life To Live

I’m living this life for me and only me
Gotta listen to my heart and set myself free
For so long I’ve felt trapped unable to spread my wings
Liberated now I sit back and count my blessings
With faith the size of a mustard seed I’m still able to grow
Though sometimes I’m unsure of how the future may go
I have angels in my life always by my side
Always there to be my support and my guide
I’m thankful for all the wisdom they’ve shared
Helping me to expand to places I haven’t dared
I have to remind myself that I’m not here to please others
But to be a vessel to my sisters and brothers
I must do what’s best for me and let my light shine
I have to go after what I want and claim what’s mine
I know some won’t understand my way or His will
Can’t hold back anymore there’s a void to fill
We all desire two things: happiness and love
I’m closer to one with help from above
My love will come when God says its time
Someone just for me blessed and divine
I admit at times I’m hesitant to believe
I gotta take a chance and be willing to receive
As I write ahead to the new chapter in my book
I try to keep a smile on my face with a positive outlook
One day I’ll look back on this journey and see how far I’ve come
In the end I’ll have life’s desires and proclaim a job well done

No comments:

Post a Comment