Saturday, January 23, 2010

CHANGES

In life we go through changes
Phases to take us through the ages

As a child we live carefree
Summers filled with sun and beauty
Water balloon fights
Scared of the boogeyman, “Mommy please leave on the light”
Grandma’s porch watching the rain fall
The next Magic on the courts playing ball
Brown eyed little one skin of copper
I’m gonna be a lawyer, teacher, singer, doctor
Easter Sunday dressed in my best
I remember my speech better than all the rest


When we’re teenagers our bodies transform
Nothing at all seems to be the norm
The hot girl or guy in school always in focus
Do everything we can to make him or her notice
“Daddy I’m grown I can do whatever I please”
Don’t have everything you want but have everything you need
My first boyfriend, he kissed me last night
My first girlfriend, she gave none last night
Colleges and universities; my dream or the dream before me?
I’m 18, serve my country and represent the army?


Now an adult life is more complex
Not knowing what dream to seek after next
Am I everything I claim to be?
Or am I holding back afraid to be me?
Career path envied my many
Don’t knock me for fulfilling my destiny
“How do I let go of my baby” a parents cry
You don’t worry because God is your most high
We court, she said “yes”, “I do”
My vow to spend the rest of my life with you


In life we go through changes

Phases to take us through the ages

No comments:

Post a Comment